Saturday, December 16, 2006

The eBrick Gallery

Many of you all know about my passion for art and one of my favourite types of builds are of the more artistic endeavours. For the last number of years I have been book-marking and saving Lego pics to my hard drive that are of that nature.

When I spent the last week organising them, I decide to turn them into a Gallery.

So it is my pleasure to announce...



Featuring a few hundred thumbnail photos of work (with links to larger versions, or in some cases links to folders or websites that are relative) and representing over 140 different “Brick Artists”

Often there are amazing pieces of “Brick Art” that seem to get lost in the shuffle because they aren’t theme specific. Art is probably one of the least promoted or exploited themes so I decided to make take this gallery online to celebrate, encourage and support the amazing works of “Brick Art” that is being made.

The galleries have both work of my own, as well as collected photos or links that belong to others. In many cases I was not able to credit the original author. If TeBAG has any photos that are yours, that are not credited to you, please let me know so you can be given credit or if you do not want to be part of the gallery please alert me so I can remove your work.

The galleries feature many different builders and their amazing works. Many of which you have may never have seen (they are not all from flickr or brickself... and some that you might have forgotten about and others yet that are worth another look).

There are five Art Galleries...

Metal Work, Painting, Glass Work, Sculpture, Fig Work.

I also get a huge kick out of seeing how Lego impacts life, so the TeBAG contains a few other “non-Moc” galleries of Lego related art...

Body Art, Advertising, Toying with Life

My favourite Graffiti which was inspired by this Brothers Brick blog post

The whole gallery concept was also inspired by many brickself users that were doing art representations of “Real Masters”, Minifig Museum of Modern Art and the Walker Gallery (all of which are featured on the Fig Works page.)


I hope you enjoy your visit.

No comments: